Coordinator, Supply Chain Certification
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Rainforest Alliance is looking for a highly organized Coordinator, Supply Chain Certification, who demonstrates strong customer service skills to help support the Supply Chain team within our Standards & Assurance department. The Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Rainforest Alliance teams by providing information about the supply chain certification process globally. In collaboration with internal staff members, this person will provide support to the Senior Manager to implement supply chain requirements for all required actors. They will be supporting the senior manager to communicate supply chain requirements to companies, maintain up-to-date records in the Rainforest Alliance database, process Supply Chain Risk Assessments and provide customer support.
- Work closely with Senior Manager to communicate and implement supply chain requirements;
- Provide support, general information and instructions to companies about supply chain certification and refer them to the appropriate Certification Bodies (CBs);
- Provide regular follow up communications with supply chain certified and endorsed companies to ensure compliance standards are understood and maintained;
- Review and process Supply Chain Risk Assessments and ensure accurate company information is recorded;
- Maintain up to date records in various financial systems reflecting payment for the Supply Chain Risk Assessment;
- Collaborate with internal staff members to ensure consistency of company records within the database;
- Collect feedback and provide summary reports about the supply chain requirements and certification;
- Provide input for technical improvements to our information systems based on customer feedback and efficiency of use, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in a business environment, including internships and volunteer experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in and working knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: June 24, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org