Senior Manager, Corporate & Foundation Relations
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Senior Manager, Corporate & Foundation Relations to join the Institutional Relations (IR) team within the Development unit. Reporting to the Director, Institutional Relations and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Senior Manager will lead fundraising from foundations and corporate philanthropy. In this position, the Senior Manager is responsible for leading strategy development, growing donor relationships, and securing funding. They will work closely with senior leadership, program leads, and finance staff across the organization to develop detailed fundraising strategies and proposals while also engaging externally with donors. Supervising two staff members directly in addition to matrix management of one staff member, the Senior Manager will work to meet short-term revenue targets while simultaneously building a long-term pipeline of foundation and corporate funders for future years.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviors we demonstrate.
- Lead strategy development for the Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) revenue line, building a pipeline for current and upcoming years;
- Manage a distinct donor portfolio of 30+ foundation and corporate philanthropic donors, driving strategies for each and tracking engagement actions and budgetary projections within Salesforce;
- Write, adapt and edit proposals, reports, and concept papers for international field projects and programs by working closely with program staff and field teams
- Supervise three full-time employees based globally;
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team, program staff, finance and legal teams, and other development personnel to ensure corporate and foundation fundraising goals are met;
- Serve as strong external representative for the organization, engaging regularly with contacts of key IR funders to develop new business opportunities and steward existing relationships;
- Represent the Rainforest Alliance at both internal and external events;
- Track and report on budgetary projections and progress against goals for the corporate and foundations relations team;
- Work across the institution to ensure that IR fundraising strategies complement RA’s programmatic goals and help achieve impact at scale desired;
- Ensure his/her team maintains accurate, up to date records in the Salesforce CRM and other systems; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ institutional development experience with at least 3 in a global organization;
- Proven track record of successfully managing a portfolio of high-level corporate and foundation donors, with success securing six- and seven-figure gifts;
- Strong people management skills, ideally with past experience in supervising staff remotely;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to articulate complex programmatic material in a detailed manner both internally and externally, and to audiences with different levels of background in these areas;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- Experience with/knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues required;
- Spanish or French proficiency a plus;
- Strong budgeting skills required;
- Experience with Salesforce preferred;
- Advanced skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; and
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: June 24, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the United States, the Netherlands and UK will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org