The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Within RA the Platform Operations team enables other development teams through shared services, tooling, automation, and platform support. The continued security and stability of our critical IT systems require proactive infrastructure maintenance. The Plf Ops team monitors production, troubleshoots and fixes issues, architects and maintains the underlying infrastructure and automates deployments.
Infrastructure engineers in the DevOps Engineer role within Platform Ops support a range of applications and solutions to support both partners and Rainforest Alliance employees. They must be able to work well with theDevOp teams, accurately describing incoming problems and then translating their technical answers into customer-friendly responses. DevOps engineers work with a broad range of infrastructure products, operating systems, and applications, most importantly Azure, Terraform and Docker and use Infrastructure as code. They provide maintenance and support for moderately to highly complex products while performing daily tasks on the infrastructure like patching, deployments and other upgrades.
- Actively leads resolution of production support issues, that could be in the process, middleware, OS and/or database
- Is responsible for the installation of Operating Systems, middleware patches and tuning there of
- Is responsible for configuration management of the different environments for each of the platforms
- Is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of secure network infrastructure
- Builds deployment scripts & responsible for the deployment of releases to the different environments and ensures that it meets the customers’ expectations
- Implements, maintains and actively monitors the servers, virtual machines, applications and software backups, performs restores if needed, performs server and security audits including necessary fixes and
- Proactively identifies and addresses potential improvements in the Plf Ops way of working , the competencies needed, tooling used, information available, and the behavior patterns observed.
- A strong knowledge of Azure IaaS
- Able to design, develop and maintain scalable Azure based solutions
- Able to design, develop and maintain the infrastructure for solution on the VMware platform
- Able to design, deploy and maintain scalable Windows server 2012 or higher based solutions
- Secure by design and NFR are properly ascertained
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience as Infrastructural engineer or a similar position
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills, diagnostic skills and ability to prioritize own work
- Well developed interpersonal skills and relevant competences
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
Experienced, structured, pragmatic Infrastructure engineer with good knowledge of:
- Cloud computing (Azure/AWS/Vsphere)
- Deployment (Docker / Terraform)
- Linux system administration, Ubuntu
- Networking, Firewall technology
- Security (Sonarqube/Nessus)
- CI/CD (Jenkins/Artifactory/Ansible)
- Monitoring (Grafana/ Prometheus)
- Scripting (Bash/Ansible/Python)
- Programming with databases: SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Atlassian suite (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- At least one programming language: PHP, C# or Java
- Webserver management for Nginx, IIS and Apache webserver
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com