The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a self-motivated, creative, and organised candidate to support the Chief Development Officer (CDO) who is based in the US and the Chief People Officer (CPeO) who is based in The Netherlands. The candidate will support both Chiefs through coordination of all day-to-day administrative and organizational matters, and if needed aligns with the Executive Assistant of the office of the CEO. To succeed in the role a can-do, pro-active way of working and the ability to be flexible and manage your time is key.
- Agenda management and scheduling of (international) calls, travel events and speaking engagements for the CDO
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the CDO’s agenda with a strong understanding of priorities
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting preparation and coordination, including communication with relevant staff, logistics, agendas, materials preparations, and taking minutes
- Take care of part of the business correspondence of CDO
- Make travel arrangements, including visa applications, for the CDO and the CPeO
- Handle invoicing and expense claims in our internal systems for the CDO and the CPeO
- Provide general administrative support to the CDO and CPeO
- Support the CPeO in all administrative matters as the Statutory Director of Rainforest Alliance Sichting and Rainforest Alliance BV
- MBO, BS Degree in Administration, Hospitality or Event management preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Secretary, Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant
- Strong Communication Skills; ability to easily communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with various stakeholders across levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to familiarize him/herself quickly with new user software solutions, knowledge of SharePoint is considered an asset
- Fluent in English and excellent writing and verbal skills. Any additional language such as Spanish or Dutch is a plus
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner
- Service and results-oriented
- Proactive, self-motivated, strong attention to detail and autonomous
- Values integrity and professional discretion and ability to keep confidential information
- Desire to learn and enhance understanding of the Rainforest Alliance mission
- Gains trust of others through fair and pragmatic behaviour, takes responsibility for one’s actions, maintains confidentiality and adheres to moral and ethical codes
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the USA East Coast (NY, DC, VT); London (UK); Holland (NL); Peru, Colombia, or Brazil (Latin America) will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org