The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing critical support to the Finance team. S/he will work closely with the entire Finance and Administration Unit and will produce financial reports, perform financial analysis, and provide financial support for various subunits. The Finance Associate will be an integral part of the Finance and Accounting team, and as part of that team will be expected to provide, as well as receive, back up and support to others in the department to achieve critical deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and the year-end report packages for Senior Leadership.
- Produce standard and ad hoc financial reports for finance & accounting management; work with Finance Managers to ensure consistency. Run monthly financial reports and post them in SharePoint for distribution to DHs.
- Help coordinate the process of developing the annual budget and periodic forecasting;
- Develop and maintain budget and financial report templates and implement modifications as needed;
- Participate in major Finance team initiatives. Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot financial reporting systems and tools.
- Serve as F&A project lead and administrator for F&A SharePoint site, build, create, and organize historical database for all Finance related reports and maintain integrity
- Train appropriate staff in the use of budget templates, and the explanation of applicable Rainforest Alliance processes, procedures and tools;
- Perform calculations of various financial indicators for programs or departments as needed
- Coordinate with finance & accounting management to create/update accounting system cost codes and update mapping between systems for consolidation purposes
- Coordinate with the HR team to streamline process with Finance for all staffing changes monthly
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Familiarity with a multi-office, multi-national organizational environment; non-profit experience preferred;
- Demonstrated work experience with both Excel and computerized accounting systems
- Strong math, analytical and technical skills; highly organized, detail oriented and customer service oriented;
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the USA will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org