Finance, Compliance & Administrative Associate
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a performance oriented, collaborative and impact driven Finance, Compliance and Administrative Associate, responsible for providing financial, compliance and administrative support to the Rainforest Alliance in Peru contributing to the management of the activities of the interventions related to landscape, communities, markets and financing. S/he will provide financial support, manage agreements in close coordination with GIC LATAM, and coordinate logistics of various events (including visits). This position does not supervise staff.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviors we demonstrate;
- Oversee agreement or contractual administration, including gathering all the documentation and drafting agreements in compliance with internal policies and procedures, donor requirements and best management practices.
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance to RA staff on the agreement administration responsibilities, donor regulations, and donor award management.
- Ensure consultants’ invoices and subcontractors or recipients of sub-agreements are reviewed for accuracy and proper documentation (fiscal local requirements);
- Manage payments, contracts and invoices as well as keep records of all supporting documentation;
- Maintain awards and supporting documentation in RA’s designated contract database. Periodically review information in this database to ensure files are complete and up-to-date;
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports (this includes print, electronic and physical preparation and delivery);
- Provide administrative support to the entire project team in the coordination of events, workshops and meetings with donors, partners and beneficiaries and other RA teams, including participation in events;
- Coordinate logistics for monthly meetings, booking of meeting rooms, coffee breaks, lunch, etc., and take meeting notes;
- Assist in the travel logistics which includes the purchase of airline tickets, hotel reservations and car reservations (this includes project vehicles and leased vehicles if necessary);
- Support in making contracts and MoUs in accordance with donor requirements and policies of the Rainforest Alliance;
- Coordinate the translation of documents Spanish-English and English-Spanish;
- Maintain physical and electronic files and
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting/Financial/Administrative Management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in administrative tasks and managing / processing information related to environmental projects in public and/or private organizations.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to multi- task.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English preferred.
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally and linguistically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 5% per year, nationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: December 3, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Peru will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com