Senior Associate Institutional Relations
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Working as part of a global fundraising team, the Senior Associate, Institutional Relations, will focus on Rainforest Alliance’s European donor portfolio, concentrating on bilateral and multilateral donors. This role will identify and research aligned funding opportunities with new and existing donors and support all aspects of donor engagement, including donor cultivation and stewardship. Working closely with programme, finance, and grant management colleagues, the Senior Associate coordinates and drafts concept notes and funding proposals and helps to ensure high-quality and timely reporting to donors.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Support Institutional Relations team members, based in Amsterdam and London, with the management and development of a wide portfolio of European bilateral and multilateral donors;
- Coordinate fundraising efforts for a range of European government and multi-lateral donors, ensuring systems are in place for identifying and tracking opportunities, managing regular and efficient internal and external communications, and ensuring internal protocols are followed;
- Work across the organisation, collaborating with units and departments in different geographic locations, to ensure proposals, concepts notes, reports and other written material are effectively edited and well-written in order to submit high-quality products to institutional donors;
- Conduct desk-based research as well as liaise directly with contacts at government agencies to identify funding opportunities and gain insight on donor strategies and trends;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on the Institutional Relations team, who are based globally, to coordinate on larger fundraising strategies and ensure complementary actions;
- Input and track detailed pipeline and grant information, including budgetary projections, in RA’s donor database;
- Assist colleagues on the Institutional Relations team with the writing and editing of complex proposals, donor collateral and other written materials to be presented to funders; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in fundraising, with proven track record of securing government grants;
- Must have demonstrable experience of working with and/or knowledge of the systems and processes of European government and multilateral donors such as NORAD, the German Government, the Dutch Government, the UN, the EU, the GEF;
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English; Dutch, Spanish, German and/or French fluency a significant plus;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able translate complex, technical information into persuasive donor proposals and reports;
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the work of the Rainforest Alliance such as conservation, community development, forestry, agriculture, and/or livelihoods issues strongly preferred;
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, work environment – preferably within a global organization;
- Experience of working within LATAM, Africa or APAC context a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- High degree of skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required;
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM system a plus; and
- Ability to travel occasionally and as required.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: November 28, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany or the UK will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com