Associate Finance & Administration
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Associate, Finance & Administration. The position is a key member of the Regions and Support units (Finance & Administration and IT) teams which includes Global Internal Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, IT, and Accounting and supports the Director-China. The postholder will manage the day-to-day business administration and human resources support for our office in China and/or any associated satellite offices located within the country, in line with global guidelines and procedures.
· The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate.
In close collaboration with Accounting Manager and Finance Manager:
· Support in the annual budgeting process;
· Support the review, approval and payment process of invoices and expenses;
· Ensure cashflows to enable all planned activities;
Review the monthly transactions posted in the main financial system, and propose any reclasses where necessary;
· Ensure payment, filing and compliance of all statutory requirements;
· Ensure hardcopy and digital archiving of all accounting and financial documents compliant with national and organizational rules;
· Ensure proper tracking and justification of advances to staff;
· Monitor all the bank transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
· Organize and support country statutory annual audits in line with national and organizational requirements;
· Support monitoring of the projects’ financial performance.
In close collaboration with HR Business Partner:
· Manage/support the payroll process, payroll changes, employee benefits and statutory deductions;
· Assist in recruitment, onboarding, offboarding and disciplinary and grievance processes;
· Ensure timely drafting and signing of new staff contracts and renewals;
· Ensure compliance with Rainforest Alliance HR policies and procedures and compliance with national law;
· Manages staff files;
· Keeps overview of leave entitlements, requests and balances.
· Support management and HR Business Partner in HR related activities.
In close collaboration with Global Compliance Manager:
· Support compliance of Rainforest Alliance policies and procedures in country;
· Review/prepare contracts and ensure their archiving in the salesforce platform;
· Ensure branch/subsidiaries meet all compliance requirements and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all Rainforest Alliance and donor requirements.
Office management and IT support
In close collaboration with Director – China:
· Manage office facilities (rent, equipment, internet, phone, security, maintenance);
· Act as IT contact person and support solving IT issues.
Logistics and other
· Provide organizational and logistical support for workshops, events, meetings and trips;
· Support the drafting of country manual, internal regulations and other country specific rules and regulations;
· Support translations of documents as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree/professional qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field;
· At least 2-5 years of relevant work experience;
· Professional experience with book-keeping and contractual management; human resources administration experience required;
· Excellent computer, communication, planning and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team;
· Able to navigate competing demands on time with a proactive and positive outlook;
· Written and verbal proficiency in Chinese and English;
· Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially; and
· Experience in a global work environment and/or international non-profit organization preferred;
· Ability to travel a maximum of 30% per year.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: 30th November, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in China will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com