Manager, Organisational Development Support
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and results driven Manager Organisational Development Support who will support the Africa Cocoa Fund (ACF) and other sub-grantees in Africa to deliver in line with contractual expectations. The Manager, Organisational Development Support is responsible for assessing and offering guidance on subgrantee’s Project management systems, Technical service delivery, business processes and accounting systems. The Manager will contribute to the development and organization of training programs, making use of internal and external consultancy services to strengthen the capabilities of its alliance members. The placeholder will be responsible for collaborating with and building buy-in across the ACF project subgrantee portfolio. As part of the organizational development the postholder will also advise on business procedures including but not limited to financial management and human resources management to enable the partner to effectively deliver and report on contractual agreements. The incumbent will work with the Rainforest Alliance administrative team for subgrantee monitoring. The postholder will also acts as liaison and advisor to the organization's leadership and facilitates initiatives across the organization.
· Perform and document organizational assessments for subgrantee portfolio to identify organizational risks and opportunities for organizational development, and update the assessments as need;
· Coach and provide technical advice to subgrantee leadership necessary to develop organizational development plans required to deliver in line with contractual agreements;
· Provide technical assistance and guidance in a participatory manner to subgrantees on their organizational development plans, paying close attention to the practicality and sustainability of the plans;
· Monitor the technical implementation and financial impact of the organizational development plans;
· Advises on customized technical and organizational capacity development activities to subgrantees;
· Coordinate within the ACF project and Africa portfolio to ensure organizational development is synergistic within the overall project activities;
· Develops and maintains a network of Business Development Support (BDS) providers in Africa;
· Coordinate selection and contracting of consultants for assignments related to organizational development;
· Develops in-house learning activities, tools, or trainings on matters related to generic partner progress reporting and engages for deep dives on organizational development with BDS network;
· Handles specific Rainforest Alliance program/project aspects, as required, e.g.
o analyses financial data at subgrantee project and Arica portfolio level;
o signals subgrantee organizational risks, either internally or externally driven;
o monitoring and evaluation of subgrantees, and;
o supports and advises project managers of subgrantee contracts.
• MSc degree in organizational development, social science, business administration, finance, accounting, non-profit management, public administration, project management, or other relevant field;
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in management of an organization, with emphasis on project management, grant-making, business development support, capacity building, and relationship management;
• Familiarity with capacity development tools and processes;
• Experience designing and implementing effective training and development programs;
• Experience in conducting participatory methodologies and gathering data;
• Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, French and local languages,
• Demonstrated leadership, a high level of diplomacy, strong presentation skills and strong facilitation skills;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, with added advantage of advanced proficiency in accounting software;
• Proven experience in developing financial and program management tools and processes, including financial reporting budget guidance, work plans and monitoring templates.
• In-depth knowledge of financial controls and accounting standards;
• Extensive experience in financial reporting with exceptional attention to detail;
· Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships of trust and confidence with project partners, colleagues, producer groups and local stakeholders;
· Ability to travel and conduct field work in the local context (a minimum of 30% field-based work per year);
· Strong personal ethics and integrity and commitment to uphold the rules and values of the Rainforest Alliance.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed beginning November 5, 2021 and continued on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is selected.”
Only candidates authorized to work in Côte d´Ivoire will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com.