Technical and Administrative Assistant
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Responsible for providing technical, administrative and general support to different activities of the Rainforest Alliance office in Peten, Guatemala. He/she will be responsible for the procurement, payments and invoices processes of the technical activities in the Peten region. It is also responsible for providing a good service at reception and administrative office duties.
- Coordinate the procurement processes for Peten office, including vendor contacts, analysis of vendors, quotes and processing payments in accordance with the donor requirements when applicable and according to Rainforest Alliance policies.
- Support administration of Peten office such as processing office-related payment requests, ordering office supplies, and activities logistics;
- Appropriate filing of digital and physical files relevant to the Peten Office, such as: accounting files, technical files, contracts, consultancy information, etc.;
- Support the acquisition of goods and services required by Peten's technical team, for the development of activities in the Peten Region.
- Provide support to the Peten Staff with the organization and coordination of events, workshops, field trips, trips and meetings, vehicles, including but not limited to: evaluating proposals, coordinating itineraries, and others. Supervise the security premises in the entrance, welcome visitors, and manage correspondence and distribution thereof;
- Receive vendor invoices and process all payment requests (e.g. vendor, consultants, administrative expenses, office-related expenses, car rental);
- Coordinate meeting logistics, including communications with relevant personnel, logistics, agendas/schedules and preparation of materials, as well as logistical support in coordinating workshops;
- Update the inventory of the Peten's office as well as keeping up to date the staff’s responsibility cards and update the inventory of donations accordance with the donor ;
- Provide support and ensure compliance with the emergency plan and an updated map of risks of the building;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or Business Administration or their equivalent
- At least two-year work experience (including traineeship/internship) in Administration
- Excellent computer, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and cope with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent personal communication skills
- Willingness to work to meet tight deadlines
- Verbal and written fluency in English
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: October 22, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com