Accountant AR - Markets
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Accountant – AR Markets will work jointly with the Accounting and Markets Excellence departments in all royalty related financial operations and processing. They will be responsible for administering payment schedules, preparing and issuing invoices, and helping track payments and accounts receivable. They will serve as a resource to companies regarding payments and invoices, provide customer service and assist in creating reports on accounts receivable.
- Maintain a schedule of client billing dates and prepare all necessary related documentation;
- Issue invoices to royalty customers based on verifiable Markets data in traceability systems or when customers have agreed to volumes via email;
- Working closely with supervisor, maintain accurate accounts receivable aging and tracking which includes records of issued, paid and outstanding invoices;
- Follow up on open unpaid and delinquent balances with customers;
- Flag open unpaid and delinquent balances with customers for follow-up by the Markets Excellence team;
- Communicate needs and reasons for any write-offs of uncollectible open receivables;
- Actively participate in the improvements, changes, integrations, consolidations of current and future royalty system(s) in order to ensure maintenance of controls, maintaining audit trail, and clarity of process with the Markets and Accounting teams;
- Raise technical issues in traceability systems to the support team involving the migration and integrity of data and various problems with the programming logics and bugs;
- Responsible to review, request and send License Agreements to companies that have royalty invoices;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and respond to customer inquiries from Royalty Outlook mailbox, and from Employee’s own Outlook mailbox;
- Escalate data issues and client disputes to and work with the Senior Accountant and the relevant Markets team members to resolve customer issues regarding volumes, rates, product types, cancellations, adjustments, reassignments, transaction records (TCs); and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting/Financial Management
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting, financial management or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting and traceability software and working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to multi-task, work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly deadline-driven Spanish, French, German, Dutch or Japanese a plus
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals. Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: October 22, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org