Senior Officer Standards
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Rainforest Alliance’s Standards team is responsible for developing and maintaining the Rainforest Alliance standards system. This includes development and periodic revision of the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard and associated documents. It also includes development and maintenances of the standards system in line with ISEAL best practice rules. The team leads the process for collection of feedback to support continuous improvement of the standard and its associated systems. The team is also responsible for overseeing the functioning of the standards system, tracking exceptions and ensuring compliance with ISEAL requirements. The senior officer will be responsible for coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to maintain and innovate the standards system. S/He will also support internal and external communication on the standard and the standards system.
- Act as primary point of contact for consultation with internal and external stakeholders to develop the standard and its associated rules and systems, with regard to management and economical subjects
- Coordinate internal and external questions and issues related to the Rainforest Alliance standard with regard to management and economic subjects.
- Coordinate and ensure consistency in standard, policies and guidance materials with respect to these subjects.
- Conduct analysis of the Rainforest Alliance standard and its position in the sustainability standards arena, including conducting and responding to benchmarking activities
- Identify and analyse opportunities to improve the standards and associated systems in close coordination with other relevant teams and departments;
- Respond to queries and provide information on the standard and standard system to internal and external stakeholders;
- In coordination with the Senior Manager Standards develop and implement workplans and activities related to specific aspects of standards development and improvement;
- Manage activities to meet objectives and deadlines and flag issues to senior management when they arise;
- Coordinates collaboration between the Standards Development Team, other Rainforest Alliance departments and internal experts on standard and system development;
- Where appropriate lead consultations to support Rainforest Alliance standard document and system development.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification with 5-7 years of relevant working experience
- Or Masters degree with 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Proven expertise in project and process management
- Expertise in management, economics or other relevant discipline
- Experience with certification systems
- Strong organizing skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Accurate and precise
- Ability to work with databases and coordination of software development
- Excellent relationship management skills – ability to interact with a wide range of different groups and to handle different views and perspectives in a constructive manner
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and acting on them
- Verbal and written communication skills in English required, Good knowledge of at least one other Rainforest Alliance working language desired: Spanish, French or Portuguese
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: September 17, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the European or African countries in which we are registered will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org