Senior Certification Partner Support, Southern Africa
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an Alliance to create a better future for people & nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: changes in the relationship between people & nature, across the entire supply chain & within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders in four intervention areas: Landscapes & Communities, Reimagined Certification, Advocacy & Tailored Supply Chain Services. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers, workers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity & support communities to adapt to climate change in bold & effective ways. We embrace transparency as we believe that the best way to build trust across our Alliance is through openness about our strategy, our impact with partners at grassroots. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
We are looking for a result and customer-oriented colleague, based in Malawi, with a strong background in human rights, to operationalize & deliver on the strategic plan for the Region. The incumbent will develop and strengthen relations with partners & producer organizations, developing & delivering the appropriate interventions accordingly. For the position an in-depth knowledge and experience in social (focus on Human Rights, Living Income/Wages) environmental & economic aspects in the Agricultural Sector is needed.
This position will require supporting & maintaining strong relationships with members/partners whilst engaging & developing constructive collaborations with government entities, civil society organizations, research institutes, Sector organizations, NGO’s to support congruent, impact to drive quality of implementation of Rainforest Alliance’s strategy in Southern Africa.
- Plan, design & proactively monitor programs that actively contribute to the regional strategic plan with a special attention to addressing human rights in the tea sector;
- Ensure effective quality assurance while implementing the strategic plan for the region;
- Maintain strong support to partners in the implementation of the Rainforest Alliance program by liaising with local producer organizations, traders & service providers;
- Maintain relationships with current stakeholders & partners to expand the network in Malawi ;
- Facilitate client visits, information sharing, press trips, and market events;
- Organize & conduct training for Rainforest Alliance members, partners, & relevant stakeholders in the Agricultural Sector for Smallholder Farmers and Estates;
- Monitor and report on Rainforest Alliance Standards & Assurance for Rainforest Alliance certificate holders;
- Provide guidance to current and potential certificate holders on the sustainability journey in the region;
- Assist the Director Southern Africa in compiling monthly country & financial reports;
- Collaborate & implement projects with key partners, fostering relationships & represent Rainforest Alliance in events;
- Collaborate with theme leads & other relevant Rainforest Alliance colleagues in the development of interventions, learning events & related activities that support &/or draw lessons from the above mentioned activities;
- Manage budgets, monitoring costs against delivered and realized outcomes.
Qualifications& Personal Skills:
- Masters Degree in the field of agriculture, development economics, business management, actuarial sciences, international trade or other related disciplines;
- At least five years of experience & good understanding of the agricultural sectors, production, trading and sustainability projects, with proven management and reporting experience, preferably in the Tea Sector;
- Relevant experience & knowledge of social aspects (human rights issues, gender issues) in the Tea Sector;
- Relevant experience & knowledge of certification & traceability of products in the Tea Sector;
- Experience in developing & delivering relevant training and capacity building programs for stakeholders including producers and communities;
- Financial management & accountability;
- Strong analytical skills & coordination skills and passion for driving impact;
- Languages: English and Chichewa (proficient);
- Credible ambassador, communicator, networker with intercultural skills and able to work with different types of stakeholders;
- Computer Literacy & ability to advise partners on the use of platforms;
- Ability to travel both local & international;
- Flexibility to work in a team & independently while delivering on expected outcomes;
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong experience in participatory methods related to project management, monitoring & evaluation, training
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: 15 of September 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Malawi will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org