Senior Associate, Marketing & Business Engagement (Europe & APAC)
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a resourceful and results oriented Senior Associate, Marketing & Business Engagement for Europe & APAC to join our Marketing & Communications team. The individual will actively drive engagement and marketing opportunities with and for existing Rainforest Alliance partner companies based in Europe & APAC (with a focus on the DACH region and the Netherlands), including some of the world’s leading global brands. The objective is to help maximize the value for companies of their Rainforest Alliance partnership, including certification and other service offerings, while strengthening the Rainforest Alliance brand and impact. The individual will help drive retention of company partners by building relationships, helping ensure optimized customer journeys across the lifecycle stage, and utilizing insights and analysis to develop and implement best practice customer retention and Go to Market (GTM) plans.
- Serve as Marketing relationship lead for Rainforest Alliance partner companies based in key markets, in close alignment with Markets Transformation team, with a focus on priority markets DACH & Benelux;
- Develop, co-create and activate Marketing programs with and for partner companies in assigned region, in cooperation with other regional Marketing Associates as needed;
- Align with Markets Transformation, and Marketing & Communications colleagues to help ensure seamless customer journey of partner companies throughout all customer lifecycle stages and across geographies;
- Align with Content & Editorial team on content development to enable plans;
- Contribute to the Rainforest Alliance organizational Brand Marketing, Communications and Consumer Engagement strategies, programs and tactics to drive brand value, consumer awareness and impact;
- Work cross-divisionally to ensure customer retention Marketing plans are aligned across the organization and with the global strategy;
- Utilize data-driven market research, competitor and market insights, digital, technology and user experience alongside customer centricity principles to develop and implement best practice customer retention; and
- Track and monitor relevant company, sustainability and consumer trends in the covered markets.
- BA Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; demonstrating independent decision-making and responsibility in international business development, marketing, creative initiatives, partner co-creation and customer retention;
- Experience in data driven Marketing, insights and market research, digital, technology and user experience alongside customer centricity principles;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive
- Excellent interpersonal skills working professionally with individuals at executive and management levels;
- Experience working in global, cross functional and matrix organizations;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills in both English and German, and preferably Dutch;
- Knowledge and commitment to sustainability practices, and environmental and social issues;
- Ability to travel 10% per year, including internationally.
- Foreign Language Skills: Written and verbal proficiency in German
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: 23rd September 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org