Consumer Engagement Manager
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a resourceful, collaborative, and impact driven Consumer Engagement Manager to join our Marketing & Communications team. The individual will be responsible for ensuring maximum RA awareness, consideration and engagement with the public, and ensure a favorable view of the RA brand and drive public willingness to contribute to the RA mission, creating value for the producers and companies we collaborate with.
The Consumer Engagement Manager will partner with cross-functional support teams and regional affiliates to lead on developing major milestones and KPI’s for the consumer engagement initiative, and deliver activation programs on time and on budget.
- The Consumer Engagement Manager will drive the consumer engagement strategy and execution. The purpose of consumer engagement is to generate measurable support from the public for RA which will in turn drive companies to invest in their sustainability performance with RA;
- They will build on the RA impact model by developing and executing activation programs which ignite everyday actions and small lifestyle changes in the initial phase, ultimately influencing business practices and, thereby, supporting development, fundraising and driving our mission;
- They will manage and optimize the Consumer Engagement programme, including the optimization of digital communication, using conversion and engagement KPIs to recruit members of the public and build long-term relationships
- They will work with Digital Fundraising (Development) to create an ongoing Consumer Engagement programme, using multiple channels, including, but not limited to, e-mail marketing, events and social media.
- They will utilize customer, competitor and market insights and analysis for development and implementation of best practice initiatives (compelling narratives, imagery, and social engagement campaigns and events disseminated across a wide range of appropriate consumer communication channels) that convey the many tangible benefits of our work to people/communities, biodiversity and the climate, to ignite everyday actions and small lifestyle changes, achieve target KPIs and to ensure optimized relationships and journeys;
- They will monitor consumer engagement expenses and manages all opportunities and demand requests for consumer engagement initiatives, determining “fit” with plans;
- They will lead continual creative improvement for all consumer engagement efforts, ensuring understanding of trends, latest developments and innovations and by providing input on insights and measurement required to optimize plans.
- The Consumer Engagement Manager utilizes emails, phone calls and face to face/ virtual meetings (both proactive set up and response/attendance) to:
- Lead and coach cross-functional teams, ensuring alignment with the Corporate Affairs team, Creative team, Marketing & Business Engagement team, Digital Fundraising Team and the Social Media Manager, as well as our digital agency.
- Align with Marketing and Communications teams on content development required to enable consumer engagement initiatives and to ensure brand consistency throughout all activities;
- Align with Marketing, Development and Markets Transformation teams on relevant engagement and partnerships with companies;
- Build partnerships with external organizations, in close collaboration with colleagues and manage agencies and any external 3rd parties as required to enable consumer engagement initiatives.
- The Consumer Engagement Manager will:
- Ensure organization and delivery of all work by consolidating and maintaining:
- inputs from other internal teams used to inform plans;
- supplier elements such as proposals, contracts, performance reviews;
- Ensure clarity of performance and ambitions by preparing and delivering regular reports and updates;
- Initiate and promote sharing of best practices to support continuous improvement activities.
- BA Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field; Or combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience; demonstrating independent decision-making and responsibility in either international B2C marketing and communications or B2C international business development and communications. Additional experience in developing and executing product concepts, B2C marketing, communications, creative initiatives, partner co-creation and/or consumer engagement programs would be an asset;
- Experience in data driven Marketing and communications, insights and market research, digital, technology and user experience alongside customer centricity principles, including customer journey and touchpoint mapping and analyses;
- Excellent interpersonal skills working professionally with individuals at all levels, including ability to influence executives and management;
- Experience working in cross functional and matrix organizations, preferably in an international environment. Ability to motivate and coach a virtual, cross-functional project team;
- Demonstrable experience of agency, 3rd party and budget management;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner; including knowledge and experience of working with Agile and Lean methodologies;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills; in multiple languages preferred;
- Knowledge, commitment to sustainability practices, environmental and social issues and experience of working to achieve mission impact in sustainable agriculture and forestry;
- Working knowledge of international commodity supply chains, such as tea, coffee, cocoa, palm oil, fruits and forest products;
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: September 10, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in The US, United Kingdom, or The Netherlands will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org