Associate, Finance and Administration
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The position is a key member of the Regions and Support units (Finance & Administration and IT) teams which includes Global Internal Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, IT, and Accounting and supports the Director-South Asia. The postholder will manage the day-to-day business administration and human resources support for our office in India and/or any associated satellite offices located within the country, in line with global guidelines and procedures.
In close collaboration with Accounting Manager and Finance Manager:
- Support in the annual budgeting process;
- Support the review, approval and payment process of invoices and expenses;
- Ensure cashflows to enable all planned activities;
- Review the monthly transactions posted in the main financial system, and propose any reclasses where necessary;
- Ensure payment, filing and compliance of all statutory requirements;
- Ensure hardcopy and digital archiving of all accounting and financial documents compliant with national and organizational rules;
- Ensure proper tracking and justification of advances to staff;
- Monitor all the bank transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- Organize and support country statutory annual audits in line with national and organizational requirements;
- Support monitoring of the projects’ financial performance.
In close collaboration with HR Business Partner:
- Manage payroll, payroll changes, employee benefits and statutory deductions;
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding, offboarding and disciplinary and grievance processes;
- Prepare staff contracts and manage timely contract renewals;
- Ensure compliance with Rainforest Alliance HR policies and procedures and compliance with national law;
- Ensure compliance with organizational HR procedures and national law;
- Manage secondary staff benefits (insurance and others);
- Support management and HR BP in HR related activities;
- Manage and monitor staff leave;
- Manages staff files;
- Keeps overview of leave entitlements, requests and balances.
In close collaboration with Global Compliance Manager:
- Support compliance of RA policies and procedures in country;
- Review/prepare contracts and ensure their archiving in the salesforce platform;
- Ensure branch/subsidiaries meet all compliance requirements and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all RA and donor requirements.
Office management and IT support
In close collaboration with Director – South Asia:
- Manage office facilities (rent, equipment, internet, phone, security, maintenance);
- Act as IT contact person and support solving IT issues.
Logistics and other
- Provide organizational and logistical support for workshops, events, meetings and trips;
- Support the drafting of country manual, internal regulations and other country specific rules and regulations;
- Support translations of documents as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree/professional qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Professional experience with book-keeping and contractual management; human resources administration experience required;
- Excellent computer, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Able to navigate competing demands on time with a proactive and positive outlook;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English;
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially; and
- Experience in a global work environment and/or international non-profit organization preferred;
- Ability to travel a maximum of 30% per year.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: October 29, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in India will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org