Product Owner (4 positions)
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance is looking for performance oriented, data driven, and collaborative Product Owners responsible for the implementation and continuous optimisation of the organizational capability to deliver one or more digitally enabled business services. The Products owners will be part of our global Engagement, Supply Chain team.
These digitally enabled business services could be for internal use by RA employees and/or external use such as members or certification bodies. Examples of external services are member registration, licensing, traceability and certification body management. An example of an internal service is the digital workplace.
The Rainforest Alliance is currently looking to fill Product Owner vacancies for the following services:
- Registration, Legal Agreements, and Claims
- Knowledge Management and Case Management
- Smart Farm Management
- Certification (Junior Product Owner Position)
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Ensure digitally enabled business services of the Rainforest Alliance are relevant, user-friendly and deliver value to our customers, members and staff;
- Responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the software Scrum team, ensuring impeccable product features and functionality;
- Own the product roadmap providing a high level indication on when specific features are planned for delivery, and ensure this is shared and agreed with the various stakeholders;
- Engage with (potential) users to describe how they (will) interact with the solutions and keep an up to date overview of their needs and wishes;
- Manage expectations of and maintain good relationships with the stakeholders involved in creating and delivering the services (technology, external service providers), as well as organisational architectural experts (e.g. process, solutions and data architects);
- Train and communicate to involved stakeholders about the product/service to be delivered, ensuring clarity on the business process elements in each release;
- Create and communicate progress dashboard / overview; and
- Promote design thinking, lean and agile ways of working.
- Analyse business processes to optimise their efficiency / value delivery in close partnership with the business owners, enterprise architects and business process modellers as appropriate;
- Translate qualitative and quantitative data into value for users and user stories with clear and well-structured functional requirements and acceptance criteria for IT developments;
- Lead prototyping workshops as required;
- Create prototype mock-ups, or guides design team/ designer in their creation;
- Translate complex IT solutions into digestible concepts for business stakeholders, and complex business process into functional IT designs;
- Discuss technical challenges of IT solution with the Development Team;
- Coordinate the prioritisation of delivery steps, and develop detailed planning in partnership with project managers, business owners and delivery partners;
- Write, or guide creation of acceptance criteria and acceptance tests as part of user stories;
- Determine edge cases and prioritize the edge cases for development; and
- Manage the ongoing backlog of updates.
- Master’s degree, preferably in supply chain management, business administration or a technical field.
- At least 7 years’ work experience and 2+ years experience as Product Owner
- Knowledge of MS Office and proficient in Excel;
- Deep understanding of Lean principles, thinking and methods; Scrum way of working, Design thinking;
- Experience working in a global, culturally diverse team is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Results-driven, accurate, structured and good analytical and communication skills;
- Team & Relationship Building: Building and maintaining (internal and external) contacts that are useful. Builds trust, rapport and cooperation with persons inside and outside RA; Works in partnership with other colleagues, responds to request for assistance respectfully and helpfully, contributes to team environment and supportive workplace and;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written. French and/or Spanish is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: August 13, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the European countries we are registered in will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com