Senior Associate, Supply Chain Monitoring & Evaluation
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a resourceful and results oriented Senior Associate, Supply Chain Monitoring & Evaluation to join our Markets Innovation team. The team is focused on designing and implementing tailored supply chain services, including monitoring and evaluation (“M&E”), to support companies to improve sustainability performance within their supply chain.
Specifically, this position will ensure day-to-day management of supply chain M&E projects in Asia, focusing on coffee. The individual will manage data collection campaigns, support data analysis, and contextualize M&E results with observation and insight about coffee farming practices in Asia.
The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills aptitude for quantitative analysis, rigorous attention to detail, and is enthusiastic about environmental issues.
- Manage Supply Chain M&E projects in Asia, including activities such as survey design, survey translation (as needed), facilitate enumerator training, and data collection campaigns;
- Provide review and guidance on the list of sample farms selected and farm visit plans to ensure compliance with RA/corporate partner sampling standards and guidelines;
- Support data collection teams by explaining M&E concepts, describing basic coffee production practices, and arranging logistics;
- Support data analysis, including data entry, quality control, and statistical analysis;
- Coordinate with team members to analyse and interpret M&E results against the context of coffee production and sustainability challenges in Asia;
- Summarize and report findings to both M&E partners and corporate partner management teams;
- Provide support to RA’s Asia strategy implementation, where needed; and
- Provide oversight and management to M&E partners conducting field monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, including (but not limited to) coordinating payments, organizing training, and contracting data collectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, rural development, ecology, natural resources management, or a related field (advanced degree preferred);
- At least five years of progressively responsible project coordination experience, including at least conducting monitoring and evaluation and managing data collection teams, preferably related to agriculture supply chains or rural development;
- At least three years of demonstrated M&E field experience; skilled in collecting, synthesizing and analyzing data;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.);
- Strong leadership skills and comfortable facilitating M&E training events (and backstopping data collection teams) in often challenging international settings;
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring;
- Strong critical thinking, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of statistics and principles, practices and methodologies of project monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience with statistical packages (Stata, SPSS, R, etc.) and data visualization software (SAP, Power Bi, Tableau, etc.) a plus;
- Able to work independently and with multi-disciplinary teams, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines; and
- Ability to travel internationally to remote locations in China, India, Indonesia, Thailand, The Philippines and Vietnam.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: August 6, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Indonesia and Vietnam will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com