Finance and Administration Associate
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Finance and Administrator Associate, Colombia is a key member of the Regions and Support units (Finance & Administration and IT) teams which includes Global Internal Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, IT, and Accounting. S/he will manage the day-to-day business administration and human resources support for the Colombian team. S/he will perform HR, Global Internal Compliance, Finance, IT and Accounting activities for Colombia; oversee country facilities and perform/submit all national registration requirements; and provide support and coordination with the Country Director and regional functional counterparts to ensure the excellence in our financial, administrative, HR and other back-office functions in Colombia.
- Manage national facilities including office budget, office space, home-based offices, vendors, lease, purchasing, country information, coordinate national safety & security planning, and serve as IT point-of-contact in country in coordination with Country Director and Regional lead(s) and
- Facilitate/deliver training to local staff on key topics.
Global Internal Compliance
- Work closely with the Regional GIC manager and in coordination with the legal team as needed to ensure branch/subsidiaries meets all compliance requirements and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all RA and donor requirements; and
- Under the guidance of the regional GIC manager, review/prepare contracts and ensure their archiving in the salesforce platform.
- Provide HR support in employment relations issues;
- Provide guidance to management on local employment law, to include:
- Prepares local employee contracts, prepares terminations, disciplinary and grievance;
- Safeguards and elaborates staff files: requires documents to actual or new staff;
- Manages the opening of bank accounts of new staff;
- Support staff process changes (confirmation letters) and coordinates with HR Business Partner;
- Develops monthly payroll;
- Oversee performance management process;
- Ensure compliance with Rainforest Alliance HR policies and procedures;
- Monitor and manage vacation and paid leave logs;
- Manages recruitment processes of local positions: review of JD, send post to HR Business Partner, screening of candidates, performs and coordinates interviews, reference checks, watchdog verification, offer letter;
- In coordination with HR Business Partner, administer general benefits as well as manage the local private insurance policy, which includes sourcing and managing the broker and all associated broker services. When needed, works with the broker and employee to resolve unique issues;
- Provides and coordinates the onboarding of new employees; and
- Organize periodic team-building activities for the country office
Finance & Accounting:
- Manage payroll (in coordination with the outsourcing company if is necessary);
- Process payments, review PRF and TER, ensure all documentation is according to the local laws;
- Perform bookkeeping (as necessary) and preparation of monthly Office Accounting Report in coordination with the Regional Accounting manager ensuring timely monthly close information is provided to Regional Lead, local staff training on timecards & expenses, manage locally issued corporate cards, facilitate local banking relationship, audit coordination, compliance with accounting P&Ps, coordinate with field offices/other RMs as needed, and preparation/submission of all local filings (tax and others); and
- Provide financial management support (budgeting, financial reporting) as requested for locally managed programmatic activities.
- Serve as IT point of contact, which includes: local equipment procurement, distribution and inventory; coordination with IT vendors for service delivery; and providing feedback on local IT requirements and service delivery; and
- Facilitate delivery of IT services and providing training support, including management/maintenance of conferencing equipment; advise, troubleshoot and support staff on use of OneDrive, Confluence, Salesforce; support local servers and printers.
Integrated local office support:
- Oversee logistics for country visits by other RA staff;
- Organize periodic team-building activities for the country office, and support logistics for events and workshops; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Accounting, or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, in accounting, and contractual management; human resources management experience required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting software and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Strong team player; experience working successfully in cross-functional teams
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: August 13, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Colombia will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org