Lead, Creative Design & Editorial
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a resourceful, collaborative, and impact driven Lead, Creative Design & Editorial. The individual will be responsible for leading the in-house Creative & Editorial agency and for the execution of the content creation and creative assets for the Rainforest Alliance. The Creative Design & Editorial team operates as an internal creative agency creating narrative architecture, visual frameworks, and communication assets to support the organization’s broader brand strategy and engage its stakeholders.
The Lead, Creative Design & Editorial contributes to the overall Marketing & Communictaions strategy by building, leading, and reviewing work of the creative & editorial team in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing & communications collateral across all stakeholder groups. The creative team includes copywriters/editors, designers, and video producers. They ensure that all written, video, and digital external creative communications are aligned and mutually reinforcing by drawing on experience in storytelling across textual, visual, video, and digital media.
The Lead, Creative Design & Editorial spearheads and manages content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content, and technology. Crucial to success is the collaboration with the Brand Marketing and Corporate Affairs teams in developing marketing and communications plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities.
Apart from close affinity with the Rainforest Alliance’s mission and understanding of our impacts on the ground, the Lead, Creative Design & Editorial also has a solid practical understanding of how to maximize the impact of creative assets in digital channels, which are our primary means of communication.
The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion;
- Co-develop a narrative strategy and create a storytelling architecture to inform and guide all public-facing content production;
- Translate Marketing & Communication objectives into clear creative strategies;
- Work in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager Business Engagement, Consumer Engagement Manager and Social Media Manager to conceptualize creative ideas for engagement campaigns (B2B and B2C);
- Lead and direct the creative and editorial teams in the production of all marketing & communications collateral;
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring, mentoring and evaluating, guiding processional development opportunities, and address employee relations issue;
- Manage a clear internal briefing process in order to streamline production and allocate resources efficiently;
- Ensure that content is optimized for digital channels, including SEO and target audiences;
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure digital KPIs are set and met (including CTR, Social Media Engagement metrics, etc) and use digital measurements to optimize the development and delivery of content;
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams, particularly our regional teams;
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met by guiding and enforcing the creative philosophy and the standard of creative output (in particular content creation) across the organization and department;
- Oversee profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets;
- Meet with external stakeholders or senior management to explain campaign strategies and solutions;
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams; and
- Managing output and deliverables to meet timelines, and prioritize different, at times conflicting, needs.
- 10 years of related experience with 7+ years of creative direction in agency and/or NGO setting;
- Extensive experience creating engagement campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production on time and budget;
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated content across all channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print;
- Video or broadcast production experience;
- Excellent and engaging writer / storyteller;
- Prior experience with concept development;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent;
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives;
- Strong copy-editor;
- Demonstrated interest in conservation, corporate social responsibility, and/or international development issues;
- Business-level English written and verbal skills; organizational, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills required;
- Ability to work independently on a wide range of tasks and projects;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish desired.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: September 10, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the countries in which we are registered will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com