Senior Manager, Institutional Relations
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
**Must have USAID grant writing experience**
Reporting to the Global Director, Institutional Relations (IR) and working as part of an international team of fundraising professionals, the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations will be responsible for growing relationships with and securing funding from U.S. government sources including USAID. They will work closely with program and finance staff across the organization to develop detailed fundraising strategies and proposals while also engaging externally with donors. Directly supervising two staff members, the Senior Manager will work to meet short-term revenue targets while simultaneously adding to the long-term pipeline of government funding for future years.
- Manage a distinct donor portfolio with a particular focus on fundraising from USAID in support of RA’s programs globally.
- Write, adapt and edit proposals, reports, and concept papers for international field projects and programs, working closely with program staff and field teams to do so;
- Serve as strong external representative for the organization, engaging regularly with contacts of key IR funders to develop new business opportunities;
- Supervise two full-time employees based globally;
- Advance and implement strategy to secure bilateral and multilateral funding with specific fundraising targets identified for the short and long term;
- Work across the institution to ensure that IR fundraising strategies complement RA’s programmatic goals and help achieve impact at scale desired;
- Carefully manage all funders and prospects in portfolio, tracking engagement actions and budgetary projections within Salesforce;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ institutional development experience with at least 3 in a global organization;
- Proven track record of securing seven figure grants from USAID;
- Strong people management skills, ideally with past experience in supervising staff remotely;
- Oral and written business-level Spanish required; French language skills a plus;
- Must be a strong writer that is detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to articulate complex programmatic material in a detailed manner both internally and externally, and to audiences with different levels of background in these areas;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team member;
- Experience with/knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues required;
- Strong budgeting skills required;
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Advanced skill in using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; and
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: August 6, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the locations in which we are registered will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org