Assistant, Global Internal Compliance
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Assistant, Global Internal Compliance will have a small grants and contracts portfolio and provide key assistance to the Global Internal Compliance team members globally. They will oversee a small project portfolio under the guidance of the Sr Associate, Global Internal Compliance learning cradle-to-grave contract and grant management. The Assistant, Global Internal Compliance will be responsible for supporting the Global Internal Compliance team by collaborating on tool/training development, maintenance of shared resources, logistical support, assistance and support to organizational wide projects, and supporting organizational trainings.
- Oversee under supervision of Sr Associate, GIC a small contract and grant portfolio including but not limited to completing pre-award due diligence, drafting agreements, monitoring subrecipients, invoicing, grant filing and administration, and coordinating on reporting;
- Develop GIC shared resources on team sites such as SharePoint and Confluence including agreement templates, checklists, and other tools;
- Assist on organizational GIC Projects;
- Manage signature authorities database;
- Draft and coordinate organizational policies and associated resources:
- Train staff as directed on GIC systems and tools;Serve as Europe’s point-of -reference for Salesforce, WatchDog and other Global Internal Compliance systems.
- 1+years experience in an office environment, non-profit experience preferred;
- Experience and working knowledge of Office 365, SalesForce, Concur, SharePoint;
- Excellent communication, follow-up, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with people who do not speak English as their most comfortable language. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals; and,
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner. Excellent customer service skills and a proactive approach. Willingness to make mistakes and learn. Demonstrated initiative and creative problem-solving.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: June 25, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in New York or Amsterdam will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org