Finance, Contracts and Compliance Senior Associate
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Finance, Contracts and Compliance Senior Associate, will provide support with the financial, contractual and compliance oversight management for Latin America Region by generating reports, monitoring expenses and revenues, and managing contracts, subawards and other agreements, as well as responsible for providing financial support to the Finance Manager, Latin America and Internal Compliance Manager Latin America.
She/he will be responsible for meeting performance measures and for complying with finance, contract and administrative requirements in accordance with RA and donors’ policies and procedures.
- Provide financial support to staff, including reviewing and/or producing financial tools and reports;
- Support in the preparation of budgets for new proposals or initiatives, in accordance with Rainforest Alliance financial guidelines;
- Maintain administrative and financial deadlines set by Rainforest Alliance and funders (i.e. reports, payments, and contracts);
- Prepare financial reports for donors such as expense reports, projections and accruals when needed;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgeting and planning process;
- Support in the preparation of financial information of the Region, for organizational requests (including revenue analysis, leverage analysis, expense, projections);
- Review and submit reclassification requests;
- Prepare new subaccount requests for the Region;
- Carry out budget forecasting, expenditure tracking, financial analysis
- Maintain schedule of funder billing dates and prepare all necessary documentation and invoices;
- Prepare internal financial reports such as budget to actual reports;
- Support the monitoring of expenses and revenues according to approved budgets;
Contracts and Compliance
- Manage and support procurement processes for contracts, sub-awards, subcontracts, Memorandum of Understandings and assist in the preparation of grants according to donor requirements and Rainforest Alliance’s policies;
- Ensure that contractual agreements are issued using appropriate templates, in accordance with donor requirements when applicable and according to Rainforest Alliance policies; and databases and logs are updated;
- Support and ensure sub-awardee monitoring, including the preparation and update the Subaward Reporting System ( FSRS) to USAID if applicable;
- Produce reports to monitor active consultant agreements and sub-awards, payment schedules; active grants, schedules, reporting dates;
- Provide staff training regularly in topics related to contracts management and facilitate contract orientation and training for newly hired staff;
- Prepare special requests to donors in compliance with the agreement’s conditions;
- Support on the compliance of each “Country Compliance Checklist”;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field;
- 5-7 years minimum experience in financial assistance of projects;
- 3 years of experience in grant management;
- USAID projects experience in any related field is desired;
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment is required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, assess priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: June 20, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Colombia, Guatemala or Peru will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com