Financial Systems Product Manager
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Financial System Product Manager will provide management and support for RA's Financial Systems platforms—which include Oracle NetSuite, SAP Concur, and Workday Adaptive--and ongoing configuration, integrations, maintenance, and enhancements. This position will partner with various department within RA including, but not limited to: Finance, Technology, & Administration, Development, and Human Resources. It will be the main point of contact for staff to support their use of the Financial Management Systems.
- Define and manage the financial product strategy, product backlog, and roadmap that aligns with the company vision and goals.
- Deploy product changes/enhancements, conduct quality assurance, and oversee change management procedures addressing product optimization across all stakeholders.
- Drive requirements gathering and validation by collaborating with internal stakeholders for FMS.
- Provide internal customer service supporting stakeholders on various issues such as report development, dashboarding, training, process mapping, etc.
- Lead vendor relationship with NetSuite, Concur, and Saralux, and act as primary point of contact for NetSuite and Concur support issues and release management processes.
- Responsible for supporting ongoing audit and compliance reviews of the platform.
- Lead the issue management and work with DevOps team and outsourced helpdesk team to address issues.
- Collaborate with IT colleagues to maintain the NetSuite integrations to key systems through RA’s iPaas, SnapLogic (systems include Salesforce, Workday Adaptive, SAP Concur, RA’s traceability systems) and troubleshoot errors.
- Monitor RA ticketing system (Jira) for financial system end-user questions, and issues, working with NetSuite and Concur support to resolve as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a netsuite and/or concur administrator;
- Demostratable internal customer service experience;
- Ability to work seamlessly across departments and cultures;
- Ability to adapt use of technical and accounting language to the audience;
- Strong understanding of nonprofit fundraising and accounting principles and best practices preferred;
- Experience with managing netsuite integrations with external systems, and familiarity with salesforce, workday and concur platforms preferred;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience with a global organization with mulit-subsidiary and multiple currency operationsies (netsuite oneworld preferred); and
- Netsuite certified administrator preferred;
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: December 31, 2021
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org