At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At Rainforest Alliance, we believe in the value of data. We want our organization and stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. The Data Excellence unit is enabling this vision, by managing the enterprise data warehouse, building data analytics capabilities and improving data management practices across the organization.
The Data Manager, reporting into the Senior Manager Data Excellence, will play a pivotal role in setting up the right framework to enable Rainforest Alliance manage its data as an asset and improve data governance. They will set up the right structure to deliver on the Rainforest Alliance Data Strategy and will have the opportunity to change how Rainforest Alliance manages its data and help solve data related issues to help the business deliver more value.
The Data Manager will ensure that data is accurate, timely, relevant and of high quality and will be responsible for improving (master) data management, ensuring that people speak the same data language.
The Data Excellence team is an enabling function, and as such, will liaise with the different teams in the organization, to embed good data management practices across all areas of the business, with a primary focus on our Certification and Traceability data.
The role will manage a small team; currently a Senior Data Quality Officer and vacant role of Senior Data Officer.
- Revise the Data Governance framework, to improve based on the first year implementation;
- Define Data Owners and Data Stewards for priority data domains;
- Educate Data Owners and Data Stewards on their data governance responsibilities;
- Lead the operational Data Governance meetings;
(Master) Data management:
- Scale the data catalogue, selecting the appropriate tooling and ensuring that it is maintained and used;
- Implement a solid Master Data Management structure, primarily in the Account domain;
- Liaise with the Technology department to realize the MDM vision.
- Work with the Senior Data Quality Officer to set the right objectives;
- Promote data quality improvement initiatives;
- Oversee data migration projects with respect to data quality, in close collaboration with the Senior Data Quality Officer;
- Set up KPIs to monitor Data Quality improvements.
Data privacy and confidentiality:
- Work with the Legal department to monitor the implementation of the GDPR regulation; and, ensure that data privacy regulations and data confidentiality agreements are correctly implemented;
- Define data classifications and ensure their application;
- Own the Data Sharing Policy, for the new Rainforest Alliance certification, which indicates which data can be shared externally.
- Minimum 7 years professional work experience to include:
- Experience setting up or working with Data Governance Framework (required)
- Experience with Master Data Management (required)
- Experience with data catalogues (desired)
- Experience with data classification (desired)
- Experience with GDPR (desired)
- Affinity with spatial datasets is an advantage
- Minimum one years’ experience in people management; including coaching, mentoring and developing team members;
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills;
- Fluent English, Spanish is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: September 17, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com