Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviors we demonstrate.
As Rainforest Alliance we believe in the value of data. We want our organization and our stakeholders to be able to make data-informed decisions. Therefore, it is key that they can access the information they need in an easy, timely and digestible way.
To enable this, we've built a Data Analytics Platform (DAP) where we ingest data from multiple sources, integrate and serve it as information to the end users. The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will be responsible for the DAP, ensure that the data is properly ingested, modelled and delivered.
S/he will be responsible for designing and leading the delivery of new solutions to respond to demand for new data products.
The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will report into the Senior Manager Data Excellence, and will manage a team of 3 Data Engineers.
- Conceptual, logical and physical data warehouse modelling;
- Build data pipelines (ETL/ELT);
- Integrate data from different sources (Salesforce, Outsystems, Chainpoint, Sharepoint, Netsuite, etc.) and turning it into information to be used by the data analysts for internal and external dashboards;
- Maintain the Data Analytics Platform (DAP) and adapt its architecture to meet new demand;
- Work closely with Technology to formalize data contracts between our services and data warehouse;
- Work with data analysts to gather requirements;
- Peer review the work of other data engineers;
- Guide, mentor, coach, and teach junior DWH/ETL developers;
- Oversee the day-today management of a small team, including performance evaluations, mentoring, and guiding professional development opportunities; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent; or, equivalent professional qualification or work experience
- 7 years of experience as a data (warehouse) engineer, modeler or in a similar role
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience in dimensional modeling
- Experience with data integration tools
- Familiar with/experienced in Data Vault methodology
- Familiar with/experienced in Azure Synapse
- Familiar with/experienced in Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Fully fluent in English
- Knowledge of Power BI is a plus
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: June 18, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands or United Kingdom will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org