Publication Process Manager
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Supply Chain Excellence department provides guidance, services and digital tools to producers and companies, enabling them to join our programs, achieve certification, monitor progress, trade and make sustainability claims, and generally manage their supply chains and responsible sourcing relationships.
The team is structured across three pillars, accountable for the consolidation and alignment of strategic programmatic direction (concepts team); the design process, overall architecture and development (portfolio team); and support & knowledge management (customer success & back office team). These teams work closely together, and with key internal and external stakeholders, to deliver our concept strategies.
This role is positioned within the Knowledge Management team, supporting the respective business owners in the publication process of knowledge attributes
- Coach, drive & inspire a small team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, communicating to internal stakeholders and managing the knowledge attributes publication plan as part of the knowledge management system
- Lead the publication business processes that affect the gathering, accessing and distribution of information.
- Work closely with your stakeholders across the organization who analyze, simplify, write, and design content in both hard-copy and online formats.
- You will serve as the interface with legal/compliance and other shared corporate resources such as systems and operations.
- Organise regular meetings to monitor publication progress;
- Evaluate, continuously improve processes, procedures & tools working closely with your team (as above) & the Translations Manager & Communication Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree in Communications and or professional project management qualification;
- 10+ years’ work experience with excellent project management experience including tools such as Microsoft Project & problem solving techniques;
- 5+ years’ people management experience;
- Adherence to deadlines, strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Strong stakeholder & change management skills to work collaboratively across a wide range of functions and stakeholder groups;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Some knowledge of agricultural certification systems and organisations preferred; and
- Ability to travel occasionally, nationally and internationally;
Job LEVEL: 3A
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: March 10, 2023
Only candidates authorized to work in Netherlands, US, Guatemala, Africa will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com