Manager, Strategic Account Coffee
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Manager, Strategic Accounts Coffee is responsible for managing global key accounts that are core to advancing our mission impact in relevant agriculture and forestry sectors. They are responsible for developing account strategy in line with sector plans so as to facilitate advancement of these plans. They are also responsible for positioning Rainforest Alliance as a sustainability partner to these large corporates, so as to be able to leverage opportunities for advancing impact.
- Build account strategy and plans for global coffee key accounts in the sectors department in order to maximize opportunity for growth and impact.
- Manage relationships with Tier One corporate partners
- Oversee implementation of the assigned coffee account strategies and related initiatives throughout the markets team and wider organisation in order to deliver on commitments and further the opportunities for collaboration.
- Regularly meeting with corporate partner contacts, from executive to specialist departments, in order to review progress against commitments, investigate opportunities for further collaboration and proactively address sector and supply chain risks.
- Collaborate with other Markets team departments to understand developments in the sectors, innovative tailored offerings and best practices across regions, in order to provide account partner with up to date opportunities and to position Rainforest Alliance as a key thought leader in the sustainability sector.
- Build a strong relationship with the relevant stakeholders in the corporate in order to be abreast of the client’s sustainability strategy and opportunities thereof.
- Oversee the range of initiatives Rainforest Alliance implements with the corporate in question and
- Support markets innovation in the design and delivery of tailored services, with coffee specific knowledge.
- Support corporate partners in their transition to the new 2020 Rainforest Alliance Certification.
- Share account strategy and information with the account team representatives in Core Markets and Customer Experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Business Economics or related
- 5-7 years plus experience in corporates in supply chain or sustainability or equivalent experience in managing large volume key accounts in the sector in question
- Experience in the coffee sector
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Commensurate with experience.
Job Level: 3
Deadline: February 10, 2023
Only candidates authorized to work in (EUROPE, US primary) will be considered
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org