Corporate Communications Officer
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and organized Corporate Communications Officer to support Corporate Communications Manager with the creation and management of all stakeholder communications to advance the organizational strategy. The Officer is going to be part of our global Marketing and Communications Department, in particular, the Corporate Affairs team that is responsible for the consistent translation of the organizational strategy and corporate identity into strategic, effective messaging tailored to the Rainforest Alliance’s key stakeholder groups.
- Contribute to creating an integrated communications plan for rolling out the Rainforest Alliance’s new 2023-2030 organizational strategy and support its timely implementation in collaboration with colleagues across the Marketing and Communications Department;
- Work with the Corporate Communications Manager to ensure effective roll-out of the new strategy to all external stakeholder groups ranging from farmers and companies to consumers;
- Support aligning the Rainforest Alliance’s staff around the organizational messaging through internal communications channels, help organizing and running internal webinars, trainings, workshops;
- Support creating and updating key messaging and communications materials related to the organizational strategy and key issues of our focus (i.e., website content, slide decks, one-sheets etc.);
- Support the Corporate Communications Manager, Editorial, Creative and Web teams to ensure timely delivery of an engaging 2022 Rainforest Alliance digital annual report aligned with the brand, organizational messaging and strategy;
- Supports developing and implementing proposals for improvement of processes and/or procedures, tools and innovations relating to corporate communications.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Communications or related field; or equivalent of education and experience;
- 2-3 years of experience in communications;
- Experience in FMCG, international development or CSR is a plus;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Other language(s) are an asset;
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Experience working with editors, designers, video editors and/or web developers;
- Experience with developing annual reports is a plus;
- Good team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Initiative and self-motivated, able to work independently;
- Positive, solution-oriented mindset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge of MS Office.
JOB LEVEL: 5A
Commensurate with experience.
DEADLINE: December 11, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, France or Belgium will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com