Senior Associate Business Intelligence
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance, we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are looking for a collaborative and results-oriented Senior Associate, Business Intelligence to join the Business Intelligence team within DMERL. The Senior Associate will be responsible for working across different functions to align RA and stakeholder use cases with the design and delivery of business intelligence tasks and products through high-quality analysis, visualization and customized storytelling and reporting, with emphasis on the transformation of monitoring data collected through RA’s Producer Support program, the Certification program, and Landscapes and Communities (L&C) portfolio. The position will also work closely with RA’s Data Excellence team to identify the right tooling, systems, and IT support to create impactful business intelligence products.
The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such, they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate:
- Support DMERL’s Senior Manager for Business Intelligence to design RA’s Business Intelligence vision and ensure RA’s business intelligence needs and priorities are adequately reflected and planned for through organizational strategic and annual planning;
- Coordinate closely with the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning teams to customize and create business intelligence products that support RA’s evaluation and learning agenda and strategic prioritization and planning processes;
- Coordinate closely with RA’s Data Excellence team:
- to align stakeholder business intelligence outputs with RA’s data management, governance and security policies and procedures, and support ingesting of relevant data into the Data Analytical Platform and in explaining the business context to build the right data model;
- identify external data sources to contextualize RA data and create deeper business intelligence insights, and work with Data Excellence to integrate new data sources into RA's underlying data architecture;
- Coordinate closely with relevant departments to:
- customize business intelligence products that are aligned with the sector, geographic and thematic stakeholder use cases;
- build business intelligence reports on project and certification insights to support value propositions, proposals and communication/marketing products;
- Support RA internal tasks by designing business intelligence dashboards that link origin and supply chain insights to the management and reporting needs of key partners; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or preferably master’s degree in data science, earth science, international development, supply chain management or related field; or equivalent professional qualification or work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in economic development, sustainability, or agricultural supply chain management with a focus on business intelligence and reporting preferable;
- Knowledge of agricultural supply chains, information management, business intelligence, data analysis and visualization;
- Working knowledge of sustainability issues in the coffee, tea, palm oil and/or cocoa sector, as well as Certification Standards;
- Advanced skills in Excel and MS Office, proficient in using data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI. More details:
- Experience in re-creating and automating extensive Excel reports in Power BI is highly valued;
- Familiar with working with different content formats embedded in Power BI, e.g., visuals, extensive text, and maps;
- Creative in visualization – can effectively link visuals with text to convey a coherent story behind the figures.
- Data communication: good at data interpretation and storytelling;
- Report automation (using Macros Excel VBA, R, or Python), knowledge of statistics and basic GIS knowledge are considered a plus;
- Having experience working with data quality monitoring, data consolidation, and both qualitative and quantitative data analysis is a plus;
- Ability to work independently, find innovative solutions to problems or challenges, and creatively tell compelling stories using data;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices; and
- Written and verbal proficiency in English.
JOB LEVEL: 4A
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: December 2, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and France will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com