Associate Social Program
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Associate Social Program, will mainly perform its responsibilities under the Rainforest Alliance Standard’s social requirements. The work will focus on improvement of working conditions of workers and prevention of child labour. This position requires close contact with certificate holders (CHs), certified according to farm and supply chain requirements, the postholder will specifically work with Internal Management System (IMS) managers to support their project management activities and to monitor and evaluate their year-long processes not just in hazelnut but in all the Rainforest Alliance crops in Turkey. The Associate Social Program is working under the supervision of the Manager, Social Programs and works in close contact with other colleagues of the team in Turkey and the Country Lead.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Support Senior Specialist in embedding and further develop the Rainforest Alliance working and living conditions requirements in the Rainforest Alliance crops in Turkey;
- Team up with Field Officers to execute activities related to social issues with Certificate Holders;
- Liaise and facilitate contact between local government offices, municipalities, senior specialists and country representative;
- Support Manager, Social Programs in the development of training materials for stakeholders; translations, presentations and content development;
- Support in organizing visits from internal and external stakeholders to the Rainforest Alliance crops’ regions. This might include: organization of events and logistics, farm visits, certificate holder visits etc. ;
- Supporting Manager, Social Programs in all activities related to impact measurement: data collection, monitoring and reporting;
- Contributing to the development of projects, studies and analysis, and;
- Supporting public affairs and communication activities of the Rainforest Alliance program.
- BA or BSc Degree in Social studies or related topics;
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience in social projects or child labour specific programs;
- Knowledge of, and commitment to social issues and sustainability practices;
- Knowledge of project management and project monitoring & evaluation;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Written and verbal proficiency in Turkish and English required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and PowerPoint, and
- Ability to travel a maximum of 30% per year, nationally and internationally.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: September 15, 2022
Notes: Only candidates authorized to work in Turkey will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org