BackOffice Support (Palm Industry Platform) Associate
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Supply Chain Excellence department provides guidance, services and digital tools to producers and companies, enabling them to join our programs, achieve certification, monitor progress, trade and make sustainability claims, and generally manage their supply chains and responsible sourcing relationships
The team is structured across five pillars, accountable for the consolidation and alignment of strategic programmatic direction; the design process and overall architecture; change project program management; development; and customer success / support. These teams work closely together, and with key internal and external stakeholders, to deliver our concept strategies.
This position is a member of the Back Officer support team within the Supply Chain Excellence department. The position is responsible for supporting brands and suppliers in the use of the Palm Industry Platform. The position uses best support practices, processes to optimize customer experiences, meet team goals and grow the mission impact of the organization. Relationship management and customer satisfaction are guiding principles in this work.
Rainforest Alliance strives to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The Back Office team sits within the fifth of the Supply Chain Excellence pillars and is responsible for providing level one and level two support to all users of our systems and ensuring that new developments are well tested and signed off prior to release.
Rainforest Alliance operates in Agile mode, hence you will work closely together with the Product Owner(s) in Agile teams and ensure that business concepts are developed and tested according to agreed requirements.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Ensure the complete and timely resolution of queries received by the Rainforest Alliance level one support team (by email, phone calls, and live chats in multiple languages) on Palm Industry Platform;
- Provide training as needed – via phone calls, webinars, and occasionally in-person – to Brands, Suppliers and Rainforest Alliance colleagues on the requirements and systems;
- Develop and maintain training manuals and videos about how to use the platform;
- Primary point of contact for questions about the platform, as well as collecting and resolving minor bugs/issues related to the platform;
- Support palm team with data collection, processing, verification, and updates.
- Collaborate internally with other teams such as Portfolio Management, DevOps, Accounting, and the service providers to provide outstanding support to companies;
- Participate in the cross-functional work from the back-office support perspective for tailored supply chain projects;
- Actively look for continuous improvement opportunities in close co-operation with internal and external stakeholders;
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree/professional qualification or other relevant educational background.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of relevant experience, such as customer service, sales, marketing, or communications.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills in English, with fluency in the following languages preferred: Spanish, Bahasa or Thai.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications. Affinity with Geoprocessing Tools like ArcGIS is a plus.
- Ability to organise and manage data and strong knowledge of Excel.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, time-sensitive tasks, excellent interpersonal skills, customer orientation, and strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of palm supply chains, understanding of RSPO certification or sustainable agriculture standards especially for smallholders, and a passion for sustainability.
- Ability to travel up to 10% per year, including internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
DEADLINE: July 8, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org