IT Ops Engineer
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Regional IT Ops Engineer will be responsible to coordinate efforts with the Global IT Operations team to troubleshoot technical issues and requests and liaise with outsourced vendors when necessary. S/he will ensure the smooth and optimal functioning of networks, computers, servers, telephony systems and other IT devices in the region as well as maintain control of the Africa IT Inventory of equipment assigned to staff. S/he will also provide the foundation for scalable Rainforest Alliance organizational growth and facilitate system design activities. S/he will provide continuous user training to staff on organization infrastructure systems and will ensure that Rainforest Alliance IT systems are well maintained, secure and staff has access to the training and technology needed to support Rainforest Alliance’s mission.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through the IT ServiceDesk;
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers walking them through the problem-solving process and direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel;
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services;
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs;
- Follow-up and update customer status and information;
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal and regional team;
- Identify and suggest improvements on procedures;
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers (SharePoint; One Drive);
- Ensure equipment functionality and its components (maintain and repair e;g;, Wi-Fi, laptops, printers, peripheral, etc.), and teach users how to utilize computers correctly;
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from cyber-attacks;
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated;
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies;
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference;
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions per specifications and ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems;
- Responsible for ordering, shipping, and receiving of all hardware;
- May require travel to offices in the region;
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required;
- 4 years of experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role; Office 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Windows and Office, Jira, Confluence, Applications;
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues;
- Strong technical background, the ability to grasp new concepts, skills and adapt to dynamic changes in the computer information technology fields;
- Willingness to learn to use new software;
- Dependability, punctuality, and good organizational skills required;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects/tasks across program groups;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with user groups and ability to communicate in lay terms with non-technical staff;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment;
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
Commensurate with experience.
DEADLINE: July 1, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: recruitment@ra;org